- Don’t work any job that makes you unhappy for too long — sometimes you have to work a shit job for a little while to get the job you really want — just remember that five years isn’t a little while.
- Don’t spend time with people that don’t make you happy.
- Spend less time with your face in a phone screen regardless of whether or not it makes you happy in the moment — it won’t make you happy in the moments to come.
- Be present, especially when in the company of people you care about (#3 can help here).
- Do work you would die for (or at the very least pay to do).
- Have a purpose for living — find the change you’re wanting to see in the world and make it happen before you’re dead.
P.S. If you liked this post, you can get more like it straight to your inbox by subscribing for free on the other side of this pretty red link.