A few short thoughts on cultivating happy healthy intimate relationships (from someone that struggles with them).
1. Share experiences over things.
2. Give ample room to be human –– let your person grow, let them make mistakes, let them live.
3. Love unconditionally –– loving under the condition your person doesn’t fuck up isn’t truly loving.
4. Be tenacious, be willing to fight for what you have –– you’ll eventually have to.
5. Be extraordinarily present in the time you spend together.
6. Be physical outside of the bedroom –– only touching one another when you’re making love isn’t making love, it’s fucking –– and there is a time and a place for fucking but there's also a time and place for kissing and hugging and snuggling and holding.
7. In a world where everyone wants to see everyone fail, always (always) choose to be your person’s biggest supporter.
8. Always have the honest tough conversation –– not having it will result in resentment and you cannot love with resentment.
9. Say I love you often and do things that say I love you without saying I love you.
10. Go down on one another.
By Cole Schafer.
P.S. One day these one minute writings will be a big book called “One Minute, Please.” Can I let you know when that day comes? You can say yes, here.